Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Stern Rulings

Norman Chad (ya, the poker guy/sometimes PTI guy) has a funny column on David Stern and his dominance over the NBA. My favorite part:
Rome had asked him if NBA players are using steroids:
Stern: "By the way, let me ask you a question. Are there many people working with you at ESPN who are using steroids or drugs?"
Rome: "Why do you ask?"
Stern: "Why do you ask?"
Rome: "Why do you ask?"
Stern: "Same reason."
Rome: "Because I'm the interviewer, I ask the questions. Why do you ask?"
Stern: "Well, but I mean, you know, it's sort of interesting - it's sort of like, professional athletes, everyone gets to take a free shot."
Rome: "Well, I guess the difference is . . .
Stern: "Congressmen, interviewers and the like . . .
Rome: "I will answer your question. The reason I ask is, steroids would improve the performance of your athletes. I'm not sure they'd help me or any of my colleagues."
Stern: "I don't know. You know what? Maybe your tough questioning is from 'roid rage. I can't tell."


Heh.. roid rage.. that is great. excelent smack. give yourself a tounge, david

No comments: